Welcome to the Junior Apprentice – Plant Badge! While earning your Plant Badge, you will learn how to grow and harvest plants to eat.
Plant skills are important in a variety of industries and careers including agriculture, the culinary arts, botany, and landscaping.
To earn your Junior Apprentice – Plants Badge:
- Check out the Skill Badges by clicking the icons below
- Complete the activities associated with each Skill Badge
- Complete your Self Evaluation for each Skill Badge
- A mentor will review your work and if your have met the Learning Objectives, you will earn a Skill Badge
- Once you have completed the Skill Badges below, you will earn your Junior Apprentice – Plants Badge
These badges should take 5 to 7 hours of learning and 6 weeks of plant maintenance to complete.
After earning this badge you will be able to:
- Understand the needs of plants and identify how those needs are met in an aquaponic system
- Understand the role of a plant in an aquaponic system
- Select,propagate, grow and harvest a plant variety
- Develop an awareness for nutrient deficiencies in plants and how to recognize them
- Describe pests and beneficial organisms and begin to recognize common species in your area
Badge Outline ↕
In order to earn this badge, you must complete these required Skills: